Need some date night ideas for home?
No need to wreck your brain about what to do, because we have selected 7 great date night ideas to help you ignite the flame in your relationship.
Whether you’re saving money, or getting a little creative, or want to avoid going to the same restaurants all the time, date night at home can in many ways surpass the experience you would have elsewhere.
It offers you a chance for intimacy in the comfort of your own home, and there’s no need to worry about crowded restaurants, clubs, or theaters. With a date night at home, you’re fully in control of what’s happening that evening or day.
How to Make it Happen
If you have kids or a very busy schedule, planning a date night at home may sound hard to do.
Fear not, even with a house full of kids, or a schedule that’s packed with meetings and after-work activities, you can make the most out of the time with your partner.
Here are few handy tips on prioritizing your date nights and finding quality time to work on your relationship:
- Agree the date night schedule a month ahead – book the time slots in both calendars and make it a non-negotiable time. Whether you’re doing it every week, or bi-weekly, getting it into your calendar is the first step of actually making it happen.
- Clear off your chores list before the date night – you may be tempted to put on some laundry while you’re enjoying a movie night at home, or start clearing up the clutter in the kitchen. Don’t do it – make a clear dividing line between quality time with your partner and the chores that will wait for you the next day.
- Make sure you’re not interrupted – turn your phones on silent if possible.
- Make arrangements to get the kids out of the house – arrange a sleepover or pyajama party at a friends house or ship them over to the grandparents place. If you don’t have either option, get your babysitter to entertain the kids at her house for a few hours, while you enjoy the date with your partner.
1. Breakfast Date In Bed
It is a great start to the day, plus you can spend all day cuddling, without any worries about getting late for work.
2. Watch a Movie (In Your Own Drive-In Theater)
Watching movies is another classical date night idea. But watching a movie in your own drive-in theater is something really impressive, and romantic.
All you need is a movie projector, and a big white sheet to be used for a screen.
Check the weather forecast to make sure rain won’t interrupt your perfect home date night.
3. DIY Paint & Sip Date Night at Home
Having a glass of wine is not enough when you want to make your date spectacular and unforgettable.
Here is a creative date night idea for home- Paint and Sip. Choose nice wine and appetizers, get white canvas, and get creative with paint.
4. Create a Romantic Scavenger Hunt
A scavenger hunt can easily be turned into a romantic indoor game for two.
Choose your date’s favorite belongings, foods, or treats, and hide them in your home. It is a fantastic way to break up the boring rainy weekends or a fun way to get to know your partner better.
5. Go on a Virtual Date to Mars
When you are in love with someone you are ready to fly to the moon to see his smile only. Well, going to Mars is also acceptable nowadays. Plus, red is the color of love, they said.
Book a virtual date to Mars, and express your feelings during this unusual date while you are sitting on your couch.
6. Cooking Competition
Tasty food is a must when it comes to a date night.
It doesn’t matter if you are going to serve a 5-course meal, or you will stick to traditional burgers with fries, you can surprise your date with a cooking competition.
If you want to be more interesting, you can make a video of your cooking skills, and turn it into an episode of your favorite cooking show.
7. SPA Night Date
You can enjoy the relaxing SPA atmosphere in your home with this SPA date.
Place candles in your home (safely!). Play some relaxing music, and offer a glass of champagne.
You can continue with a gentle massage or anti-stress hot tub with rose petals. Take turns and enjoy the night!