Get ready for the most colorful and creative spooky season, because we have selected more than 30 Halloween painting ideas for kids!
One of the most favorite activities of kids of any age is painting, drawing, crafts and coloring. This creative activity should be encouraged not only because of the fun but because it helps your kid develop his mental and physical skills.
Drawing is a kind of therapy that can calm the child, cheer him up, give him new ideas, and make him more self-confident even.
- Creativity and manual skills– painting develops acquire habits such as how to hold a pencil, felt-tip pen, or brush. Skills are extremely important if you have a pre-schooler at home.
- Learning colors – this is how they can learn about primary and secondary colors and combinations. It is a good way to improve their vocabulary thanks to the association with the colors.
- Developing the brain– Creative activities greatly help the brain to develop. When a child draws, both sides of his brain are engaged. Thus the connections between the two hemispheres are strengthened. That’s why drawing helps for analytical thinking and at the same time for expressing emotions.
But what are the best tools for kids to paint with? Of course, some of them are more appropriate and less appropriate according to their ages.
Creative Halloween Painting Ideas for Kids of All Ages
With these Halloween painting ideas you will make the spooky season funnier and a little bit more frightening. Here are some great picks you can try and experiment with together with the gang at home:
- hand print ghosts and witches
- rock painting scary Halloween spiders
- toilet paper roll spiders
- pom-pom pumpkins and spiders
- paper plates Halloween characters
- fork painted monsters
- pumpkin painting ideas experimenting with white paint or even carving
- Halloween rocks
- salt-painted Halloween elements
- apple or potato Halloween paintings
- footprints ghost garlands
If you need more Halloween inspiration for your scary party season, do not forget to visit our Pinterest or check out these board free coloring pages.
1. Handprinted Ghosts
2. Paper Roll Spiders
4. Pom-Pom Pumpkins
5. Dot-a-Dot Pumpkin Paintings
6. Paper Plate Spider Net
7. Leaf Monster Puppets
8. Halloween Pumpkin Painting
9. Fork Painted Monsters
10. Salt Painted Spider Web
11. Blow Painting
12. Apple Pumpkin Paintings
14. Monster Clay Paint
15. Halloween Rock Paintings
16. Canva Halloween Paintings
17. Handprinted Frankenstiens
18. Q-tip Skeleton Paintings
19. Watercolor Spider Web
20. Monster Printables
21. Frankeistein Canva
22. Spooky Tree
23. Halloween Water Color Printables
24. Monster Eyes
25. Potatoe Painting
26. Footprinted Ghosts
27. Crazy Witch Printables
27. Footprinted Frankenstein
28. My First Halloween Painting
29. Footprinted Ghost Garland
30. Witch Hat Printable
31. Handprinted 3D Witch
32. Dot-a-Dot Printable Pumpkin
33. Acryl Painted Halloween Pumpkins
Halloween Painting Ideas for Kids: What You Need
There are a few paint and craft supplies you should stock up on to create a Halloween art studio at home:
- Crayons – the best option to start with. They are ideal for toddlers and are preferable to markers, felt-tip pens, and pencils. In addition, do not leave stains on hands, clothes, and textile furniture – something that will help you clean the mess after. You can find paraffin and toxic-free crayons which are great for toddlers.
- Pencils – are a great tool to improve your toddler’s painting and drawing skills. They are easy to use and same like crayons do not leave stains and spots. You should not make them too sharp so that children do not get hurt. You would be surprised at how many pencil variations are available nowadays. Magic pencils, for example, turn into crayons after passing a brush soaked in water over the drawing made with them on the sheet.
- Paints – it is good to know that there are paints specially designed for kids. They are in jars and easy to handle, non-toxic, and easy to wash off, and they can be used not only with brushes but also with hands. Moreover, finger painting is extremely fun and useful for kids, because it helps them to develop tactile sensations and learn to use colors correctly. Then they can try to repeat the same with a sponge or brush. Be ready for a huge mess when you decide to use paintings. Make sure you have protective aprons ready in order to stay away from stains.
More Halloween Inspiration
33 Frighteningly Delicious Halloween Oreos Cookies & Treats
FREE Halloween Gift Tag Printable: 25 Cute Tag Designs for Fright Night
7+ Fun Halloween Scavenger Hunt Games for Kids
50+ Spooky Halloween Party Ideas for Kids
20+ Cool Halloween Pumpkin Decorations That Are Not Orange
Trick or Treat – 15 Creative Halloween Treats for Kids
30+ Most Creative Halloween Hair Color Ideas to Celebrate Fright Night