Do you find yourself at home, at midnight, reaching for another bag of salty greasy snacks? If you want to quit these bad habits, there is some good news!
You can choose healthy midnight snacks instead, and treat yourself without any guilt!
The trick is to know what to eat and why!
This article will give you all the details you need to have to make healthier choices, even when it comes to midnight snacking.
Check below for some of our tips on choosing healthy midnight snacks or head lower to our selection of 25 ideas to get you started.
How to Choose Healthy Midnight Snacks
Choosing the right healthy midnight snacks is easier than it sounds, you just need to resist the temptation to raid your cabinets and grab the first thing you find.
To ensure your snacking is always healthy, there are a few basic rules you should follow:
- It is more likely you will snack on healthy food if that’s the only option available in your fridge or storage – don’t buy junk and you won’t be eating it either
- Don’t go shopping hungry – it leads to emotional decisions and a shopping basket full of sugary and salty snacks. That is the last thing you want to stock up in your home
- If you have time at weekends, prepare some snack options to use during the week. You can batch prepare these same way as you would batch prepare other meals
- Lead by example – if your kids see you eating lots of fruits and veggies, they are likely to follow your lead
- Have something easy to snack on always on the table – that way you don’t get yourself too hungry to eat a lot in the evening
- Think of filling healthy things you can easily make at home or store without then going bad
- When choosing your healthy midnight snacks, take into account how easy it is to digest the food. Something with eggs for example or pasta will take longer to digest and it might disrupt your sleep regime
- The same goes for chocolate – even though dark chocolate is relatively healthy, it also contains caffeine so it can keep you up at night.
20+ Guilt Free Healthy Midnight Snacks
Are you ready to pick your favorites?
Prepare to get hungry as you browse our list of the 20 best healthy midnight snacks – save your favorites and start writing down your shopping list.
1. Frozen Yogurt Bark
2. Crunchy Edamame
3. Salt And Vinegar Zucchini Chips
4. Baked Potatoe Chips
5. Coconut Oil Popcorn
6. Parmesan Wonton Crackers
7. Sweet and Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
8. Honey Peanut Butter Bars
9. Kale Chips
10. Chocolate Peanut Butter Cottage Cheese
11. Healthy Snack For Later Night With Hummus
12. Apple Slices And Nut Butter
14. Protein Smoothie
15. Cereal And Milk
16. Peanut Butter And Jelly Sandwich
17. Oatmeal Healthy Snack For Later Night
18. Banana And Peanut Butter
19. Strawberries And Dark Chocolate
20. Avocado Crisbread Toast
We hope you enjoyed this collection of healthy midnight snacks, that included everything from drinks, sweets and savoury!
If you’re looking for more food inspiration, be it healthy or naughty, check the recommended articles below!