Want a dessert that will impress? Think dessert charcuterie board!
Yes, charcuterie boards have rebranded themselves as a feast for all affairs that doesn’t apply just to breakfast or fancy dinner parties.
Upgrade your dessert game with this simple trick – instead of baking up a storm (and making a lot of mess), create a curated selection of treats everyone would love and appreciate!
People love to pick and choose, try different flavors and experiment – the more choices the better! That’s why dessert charcuterie boards are such a crowd-pleaser – everyone finds what they love the most and you don’t have to rely on a single dessert to take the crown for the evening!
Glazed chocolate strawberries, raw nuts, ice cream with fudge and cookies, or its majesty the chocolate; a French chocolate truffle recipe would surely do the trick.
You don’t need to worry about which dessert to serve first- the heavier, or the lighter?
How to Choose Your Dessert Charcuterie Board
Before you get all excited and start throwing random things together on a chopping board, a bit of planning goes a long way, especially for a simple thing such as your dessert charcuterie board.
Firstly, check the list of your guests to see if there is anyone with allergies of any type – most common probably nut allergies. Make sure you don’t include something that you will have to pinpoint for those with allergies.
Secondly, is there a theme you want to stick to? Is it a birthday celebration or perhaps a special holiday? That should influence the selection and presentation of ingredients you include on your board.
And last, but a very practical one – make sure you don’t go overboard with ingredients that melt very quickly, especially if served outdoors in the summer or over-heated homes in the winter.
How to Create Dessert Charcuterie Board
- Lay out your ingredients so you see their sizes, colours and shapes
- Start from the center of the board and with each ingredient create a shape that groups them close together
- Make sure you alternate the flavours and colors, so same color ingredients are not placed right next to each other
- Create a bit of depth by pilling some ingredients higher up
- Use small bowls to hold smaller food items
- Make sure the colors and shapes are evenly distributed on the board
- Set up your cutlery and plates closeby (if needed)
- Present to your guests and enjoy!
20+ Mouth-Watering Dessert Charcuterie Board Ideas
Get inspired by these delicious mouth-watering ideas.
We’re adding plenty more to our dedicated board in Pinterest, so don’t forget to check it out for even more ideas!
1. XOXO Dessert Charcuterie Board
Dessert is like a sweet final kiss of your dinner. Mix and match different treats- oreo biscuits glazed with white chocolate, strawberries, and waffles.
2. S’mores Desert Charcuterie Board
S’mores is the perfect dessert when there are kids around.
3. Oreo Charcuterie Dessert Board
Cinnamon cookies, oreo biscuits and chocolate bars, what else do you need?
4. Chocolate Dessert Charcuterie Board
Love from first sight. If you are a fan of chocolate like I am you will see heaven in the dessert board.
5. Strawberry& Chocolate
Fresh berries, truffles, and natural chocolate bars serve it with a glass of Champagne.
6. Biscuit Dessert Charcuterie Board
7. Mini Donuts And Fruits
Sugary charcuterie board that could be part of a wedding dessert table.
8. Creamcheese Charcuterie Board
Sweet and sour flavour, rainbow sugar sprinkles, and fresh fruits.
9. Valentine’s Dessert Charcuterie Board
Here is your perfect Valentine gift to your partner- sugar hearts, chocolate and cookies. Love is sweet in any aspect.
10. Hearts Dessert Charcuterie Board
Love is in my mind, it is true. Chocolate heart candies, heart-shaped cookies, all scream it is Valentine weekend coming!
11. Dutch Biscuits Charcuterie Board
If you haven’t tried Dutch biscuits, you definitely must try them. Crispy outside with a melting heart. Go perfectly with a cup of tea.
12. Berries And Biscuits
Simple dessert for a summer day in the countryside.
13. Dessert Charcuterie Board In French Style
Do it like the French! Dark chocolate bars, raw almonds, and dried fruits.
14. Caramel Apples
In case you are not a fan of the chocolate, you can enjoy the caramel apple slices with dry apricots, and salty sticks.
15. Healthy Dessert Board
There is something even for the ones who are counting calories and taking care of their shape. Do not worry, there is something sweet for you too.
16. Easter Dessert Board
Amaze your family for Easter with some chocolate bunnies and eggs all arranged in the perfect dessert charcuterie board.
17. Deconstructed Pavlova Cake
Inspired by the grace of the Russian prima ballerina Anna Pavlova, this dessert board will give you light and heavenly sweet tastes.
18. St. Patrick’s Charcuterie Board
In case you need a themed dessert board, there are so many options to arrange sweet treats.
19. Ice Cream Charcuterie Board
Do not wait till the hot summer days to try this out. Ice-cream charcuterie board could be served year-round.
20. Carmel White Chocolate Charcuterie Board
Mouth-watering dessert board, full of flavors and tastes.
22. Valentine’s Day Dessert Board
A sweet way to say “I love you”.
23. Movie Night Dessert Board
Friday night is a movie night and time when you can treat yourself sweet.
24. Chocolate Testing Dessert Board
Are you a chocolate lover as much as I am? This will be your top favorite dessert board.