Are you looking for some cute boho nursery decor for inspiration?
Whether you’re looking to update your existing nursery or start from scratch when designing a new room for your little one, you came to the right place for an endless source of inspiration.
When it comes to boho nursery decor, there are so many options and trends to choose from, that it can feel a little overwhelming.
As with any project, we recommend compiling a mood board that will help you get a sense of the styles, colors and details you like before you decide to get started on your own.
If you’re in this stage, this article has done all the hard work for you and compiled some of the best examples of boho decor for baby nurseries out there. Whether it’s for a baby boy, a baby girl, or twins, this article is filled with inspiration that will help you make the right choices for your home.
Are you ready to get started?
How to Pick the Right Boho Nursery Decor
There is no right or wrong when it comes to boho nursery decor, but keeping a few practical points in mind will help you in guiding your decision-making:
- practicality over design – even if something looks super cute if it’s not practical to use it will annoy you on an everyday basis
- safety over design – you don’t want to compromise the safety of your baby for the sake of some pretty pictures to post on Instagram.
- keep the size of the room in mind – don’t clutter the nursery with too many big decor pieces because they will make walking with baby in hand a hazard
- choose one statement decor piece and supplement it with coordinating decor elements
- don’t be afraid to use color – and we’re not talking just pink or blue
- consider investing in timeless pieces that will grow with your child over trending items that might go out of style in just one season
DIY vs Bought Boho Nursery Decor
Are you thinking about adding some personal touch with DIY boho nursery decor? There are quite a few decor pieces that you can easily DIY, to add something more unique and personal for your baby.
Here are just a few ideas for boho nursery decor that can go into your DIY project category:
- baby mobile – there are so many variations you can make and this project requires almost no skills at all
- baby sheets – you can buy some nice fabric you like and sew your own sheets for the bed or cot
- baby’s first soft toy – needs a bit of experience with sewing, but looks super cute and very personal
- embroidered towels for the baby – easy to do as a DIY project
- DIY floor bed for older babies
- custom wall illustration
Boho Nursery Decor Ideas for Inspiration
Below is a selection of some of the best examples of boho nursery decor we found. Feel free to browse around and save your favorites to your Pinterest board.