Exciting, creative Easter egg decorations, and techniques you can use for the most exciting spring celebration.
There is no kid who is not fascinated by the tradition of painting Easter eggs. This inspired us not only to collect awesome Easter egg decorations techniques and ideas but also to find what Easter egg decoration traditions are around the globe.
There are many Easter traditions around the world, and almost all include Easter egg decorations, painting, and lots of games and activities.
Before you see some of the Easter traditions in some countries, do you know why the main symbol of Easter is the egg?
The egg is an ancient symbol of new life. Eggs have often been associated with pagan rituals and celebrations in honor of the coming spring.
Eggs were usually decorated for these celebrations and given as gifts to relatives and friends.
The symbolism of rebirth and the coming of new life is one of the reasons why the tradition of painting eggs fits perfectly on Easter.
- Chocolate eggs and bunnies in Australia– you can find any size of chocolate eggs, from little tiny ones to large ones. In addition, they make also a chocolate bunny or bilby – a baggy animal, similar to a mouse, which is an Easter symbol in Australia.
- Egg Rolling in Scotland– a family traditions not only for the kids, but for the adults too. On Easter Sunday, after families decorated the boiled eggs they head up to the park where they make a rolling egg contest. Winner is the one whom egg goes further without cracking its shell.
- Egg Dance in Germany– simillar to most countries all around the world kids are receiving a basket with decorated Easter eggs, and lots of chocolates and candies. There is also an ancient tradition of Egg Dance which is played by setting eggs on the ground and dancing around them. The object of the game is to damage as few of the eggs as possible.
- Easter Egg Hunt in USA– Kids of all ages enjoy filling their Easter baskets with chocolate eggs or exchanging the eggs they’ve found in return for various treats. Another custom is the Easter egg rolling contest.
- Egg Tapping in Greece and most of the contries in East Europe– Easter is the second huge orthodox holiday for this part of Europe and it has many traditions. One of the most joyful Easter egg traditiion for the kids is the egg tapping. On Easter Sunday, when all the family members are having a festive lunch, each person takes a dyed boiled egg and taps the pointed end of their egg with that of the person sitting next to them. This continues until there is a winner i.e. the last person left with an egg that is still intact. The winner’s prize is good luck!
- Easter Bunny, and willow branch in Scandinavian countries– On Sunday morning, the children go around the gardens to find their Easter baskets, which were hidden by the Easter Bunny. Besides the traditional Easter egg decoration activities, kids are visiting the neighbour houses to trade willow branches to candies and treats.
- Egg Shower in Mexico– One of the customs in Mexico is a carved eggs filled with confetti called cascaroni is broken over the head of someone you choose. It is said that the colorful shower of confetti brings good luck. Families go to the park to celebrate Easter, and children usually hide their cascarons and wait for an unsuspecting friend to sneak in and break an egg over their head!
Creative Easter Egg Decoratons and Techniques
Painting eggs for Easter is the most interesting part of the preparations for the great Christian holiday, in which children also willingly join.
Here are some super easy to implement ideas for decorating Easter eggs
We have selected fun techniques, especially for children.
The easiest ways to decorate Easter eggs.
- Creative Easter Egg Decoratons with Crayons– Once you boiled the eggs let them cool. Then paint the decoration you desire with crayons or pastels. This is a kid-friendly gg decoration techique and they can be involved in this part, because their imagination has no limits. Once they draw the eggs with crayons, dip eggs in the egg paints. It would be good to use brighter egg colors. The longer the egg stays in the paint, the more saturated the colors will become.
- Creative Easter Egg Decorations with Stickers– Super easy way to decorate, similar to the classic dye of eggs with leaves, ribbons, and etc. Before you start, dissolve the color paints with water in suitable containers. For ultimate coloring, follow the instructions on the dye. Boil the eggs and leave them to cool. Then stick stickers on their surface, making sure that they are tight and all the edges are completely smoothed. Next dip the egg into the color dye. Leave it for a few minutes to color. If you want to get more saturated colors, keep them into the dye for longer. When the eggs are completely dry, remove the stickers and you will see white figures in their places. You can leave them like this or dip them once more in a lighter color of paint, if you want to color the figures.
- Creative Easter Egg Decorations with Printables– Cool egg decorations ideas that children will definitely henjoy. You can find different free printables-faces, expressions, paws, and accessories you can stick on the dyed Easter eggs.
- Creative Easter Egg Decorations with Color Kits– There are tons of Easter egg decorations kits and dyes with special effects- rainbow, glitter, galaxy dust, and many more.
If you need more inspiration and captive ideas for Easter, do not forget to check out our dedicated Pinterest board.
1. Ice Cream Easter Egg Decorations
Ice cream Easter eggs are my favorite so far.
2. Pastel Colors Easter Eggs
Pastel colors, lots of creativity, and so much fun while decorating these Easter eggs.
3. Blush Pink Easter Eggs
Simple, gentle, and so adorable Easter eggs.
4. Rainbow Easter Eggs
Easter is another holiday to make your kids pay attention to the beautiful details.
5. Ninja Easter Eggs
Boys deserve their heroes.
6. Pool Party Easter Eggs
Easter around the pool, and cool Easter eggs.
7. Easter Bunny Tattoo
Kids are crazy about tattoos and would enjoy this technique.
8. Sugar Sprinkle Easter Eggs
Make your Easter bright and colorful with these Easter egg decorations with sugar sprinkles.
9. Bunny Easter Eggs
Sweet Easter egg bunnies, with beautiful flower decoration.
10. Gumble Machine Easter Eggs
11. Emoji Easter Eggs
Express your feelings with an Easter egg.
12. Paper Stripes Easter Eggs
Crafty time with paper stripes, some glue, and lots of colors.
13. Carrot Easter Eggs
Because you need to feed the Easter bunny too.
14. So 90s Easter Eggs
Bright colors, and cool shapes.
15. Veggies and Fruits Easter Eggs
Creative Easter egg decoration and cool way to learn the names of all veggies, and fruits
16. Olaf Easter Eggs
Hey, little Olaf!
17. Dinsey Easter Eggs
All Disney heroes are on the easter table.
18. Pinapple Easter Eggs
Even when you use one color for Easter eggs you can make them unique with some papercrafts.
19. Baby Chick Easter Eggs
Cutties for the little ones.
20. Barn Yard Easter Eggs
All the animals from the farm are here.
21. Creative Bunny Easter Eggs
When you want to make the Easter egg dye a bit less messy.
22. Donuts Easter Eggs
Colorful, sugary, and goes perfectly with your coffee.
23. Woodland Easter Eggs
Woodland Easter idea will invite all the cute animals to your table.
24. Creative Easter Egg Decoration Printables
Free printable from here.
25. Unicorn Easter Eggs
Because all girls are crazy about unicorns.
26. Watermelon Easter Eggs
27. Cactus Easter Eggs
Super Easter egg decorations including lots of techniques, and tools.
28. Strawberry Easter Eggs
Sweet strawberry eggs for your little bunny!
29. Colorful Dots Easter Eggs
Grab your kid’s attention with these dot Easter eggs, and make the best dinosaur eggs.