How to wear hair clips?
If you’ve got a drawer full of them and are not sure anymore what to do with your hair, this article is exactly what you need for a bit of inspiration!
Hair clips have been around for ages, and for a good reason!
They are a really practical, simple, and cheap hair accessory that keeps your hair in place, and makes your whole hairstyle look completely effortless.
Whether you need something for everyday wear, for a date night or for a special occasion, choosing hair clips is usually the easiest solution and the fastest way to come up with a stylish hairstyle.
Are you ready to get inspired?
Read our hair styling tips below or head straight down to the bottom of the articles for some of the best examples of how to wear hair clips.
How to Wear Hair Clips: Top Styles
There are a few ways you can use hair clips, which fall into a few basic categories:
- the full updo – all the hair is held by the hair clip in a bun or similar style, which can be made look messy and effortless or indeed very chic and elegant
- half updo – half of the hair is left loose for a more natural look
- side sweep – only part of the hair is held up with the clip
- decorative style – hairclip is used more as a decoration rather than to hold a lot of hair
Admittedly, hair clips work best on long or at least shoulder-length hair as that gives them enough to grab on and stay in place.
How to Wear Hair Clips: Best Clips for Your Hair
When choosing the hair clips for your hair, there are a few things you should keep in mind, to ensure you select the most practical model for your hair.
Here are a few tips on choosing the best clips for your hair:
- how thick is your hair? If it’s really thick, you will need to find more sturdy clips that can take in a lot of hair and don’t break easily
- how long is your hair? if you’re planning to roll it in a bun, you need to ensure the clip is strong enough to hold it
- what color is your hair? For blondes, dark-colored clips make more of a statement, but you can also choose lighter tones if you want them to blend in. For dark hair ladies the options are exactly the same: if you want to make a statement, a contrasting color clips will look fabulous and really pop against the dark hair
- what hairstyle are you wanting to achieve? A specific hairstyle might require clips of certain size or shape, so take that into account
Best Styles: Our Picks for How to Wear Hair Clips
Are you ready to pick your favorite styles?
Here is our round-up of over 30 different options on how to wear hair clips! Save your best picks to your Pinterest account or on your computer.
1. Long Simple Hairstyle
2. Simple Bun
3. Classic Bun with Clip
4. Half Open Bun
5. Statement Piece
6. Elegant Claw Clips
7. Messy Small Claw Style
8. Twisted Ponytail
9. Statement Claw Clip
10. Pearl Claw Clips
11. Semi-Open UpDo
12. Small Claw Clips
13. Short Hair Style
14. Double Clip
15. Twisted Low Ponytail
16. Elegant Updo Clip
17. Double Bun Style
18. Mini Clips
19. Butterfly Claw Clips
20. Claw Clips as Accessory
21. High Up-Do
22. Twisted Claw Clip
23. Locked Glaze Claw Clip
24. Butterfly Claw Clip
25. Romantic Claw Clip Hairstyle
25. Minimalistic Claw Clip
26. Wooden Claw Clip Hairstyle
27. Golden Open Shape Claw Clip
28. Messy Bun With Small Claw Clip
29. Tortoiseshell Claw Clip
30. Fun Claw Clip
31. Green Claw Clip
32. Flower Claw Clip
33. Medium Jelly Claw Clip
34. Pearl Claw Clip
35. Twisted Half Up-do
36. Jewelry Claw Clip
37. Braided Claw Clip Hairstyle
38. Retro Claw Clip
39. Angel Wings
40. Pastel- Toned Claw Clip
Get Inspired: More Hairstyle Ideas
Mint Green Hair: 20+ Trending Hairstyles You Will Love
50+ Trending Short Blonde Hairstyles for 2022
23 Stylish Cool Hairstyles for Big Foreheads
25+ Cool Goth Hairstyles That Look Great on Anyone
33+ Stylish Summer Hair Color Ideas to Rock This Year
30+ Easy Rubber Band Hairstyles for Any Hair Length
Caramel Highlights for Black Hair: 30+ Gorgeous Hairstyles for 2022
30+ Stylish 90’s Hairstyles to Inspire Your Next Makeover
25+ Fun Hippie Hairstyles You Can Try Today